Creamy Artichoke and Asiago Pasta
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
One of my close-but-not-quite recipe ideas from RSC #11. A nice, family pasta dish with a creamy sauce. Use it as a meatless meal or pair it with a robustly-flavored meat.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne chili pepper flakes (optional)
- additional parsley (to garnish)
- Cook rotini according to package directions. Keep hot.
- Drain and chop artichoke hearts.
- In a large skillet, sauté onion and garlic gently in the olive oil until onion starts to soften.
- Add artichokes. Heat gently, stirring often.
- Add basil and white wine.
- Shake the milk and flour together. Add to pan. Heat, stirring constantly, until simmering and thickened.
- Stir in Asiago and parsley. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Toss pasta in sauce until well-coated. Serve sprinkled with cayenne pepper flakes and additional parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a great and easy recipe! I did not have the Asiago on hand so I replaced it with a regular Parmesan / Romano mix that most of us use on pizzas and such. Served it over Penne -- What a hit! I look forward to trying it with the Asiago soon. The flavor would be great with any type of protein. I will be uploading a picture soon! Thanks for posting the recipe!Reply