Cream Soup Substitute
Use this in place of canned cream soup. Mix and store in an airtight container until ready to use. Makes approximately 6 cans' worth.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine ingredients and store in an airtight container.
- To make the equivalent of 1 can of soup, whisk 1/3 cup dry mix into 1 1/4 cup chicken, beef, or vegetable stock or bouillon.
- Optional: saute 1/4 cup minced celery, onion, or mushrooms in 1 tbsp butter or olive oil until very soft. Add to stock before whisking in dry mix.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
So simple :) I havent had a chance to try it out yet, but I can see that it will work very nicely. I would tend to use this as a thickener, I'm storing it in an airtight container until i need it and will look for an opportunity to try it out very soon. Thanks kerfuffle, excellent idea! made for Spring PAC 2012Reply