Cream Puff Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Taste of Home
- Ready In:
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 2 (4 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate ice cream topping
- 1⁄4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄3 cup chopped almonds
- In a large saucepan bring the water and butter to a boil over medium heat. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For filling, beat the cream cheese, milk and pudding mix in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Spread over puff; refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Spread with whipped topping; refrigerate until serving. Drizzle with the chocolate and caramel toppings; sprinkle with almonds. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note