This is a Jazzfest favorite and a favorite in my house. Even my picky eater loves this one. Thanks to my dad and his cajun roots for teaching me how to make this one and many other cajun dishes. It is a great easy dish to make for the family or if your having guest over. We always double the recipe so we are sure to have plenty of left overs to snack on :)
- Ready In:
- 1 lb crawfish tail
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning (I use Tony's chachere's creole seasoning)
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- lots French bread
- cook pasta according the the directions on the package. Drain, then rinse under cool water and drain again thoroughly.
- Melt butter in a large pot and saute onions and garlic and parsley for about 3 minutes.
- Add the crawfish and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the half-and half and creole seasoning. Add a dash of cayenne pepper and taste before adding more until you have the right amount for you. If you have boiled your own crawfish save the fat and add it in as well.
- cook for 5-10 minutes over a medium heat until the sauce thickens.
- Add the pasta and toss well. Let sit for 10 minutes or so over very low heat stirring often.
- Serve immediately with lots of french bread and a nice dry white wine.