Cranberry Spinach Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 lb spinach
- 1 cup dried cranberries (I use one bag of Craisins)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup almonds, blanched and slivered
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 teaspoons minced onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- Melt butter in saute' pan over medium heat, add almonds and stir until lightly toasted; set almonds aside to cool.
- Toast sesame seeds in same pan and then set aside to cool.
- Mix salad ingredients.
- Mix dressing ingredients and toss with salad ingredients just before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I've done a modified version with stellar results several time - my niece is now asking for this salad for every family get together! I don't use butter to toast my nuts, and have subbed both pine nuts and pecans (or a combination), dry-toasted in a pan or in the oven - just watch them carefully! Otherwise, we halve the dressing amount, and add crumbled feta or goat cheese. YUM!!
Made this last night for a dinner party, everyone loved it!! Used dried orange cranberries, added 1 lb of bacon pieces and substituted chopped honey roasted almonds instead of blanched. Made the dressing exactly as stated, but did not have poppy seeds on hand to add. My friends were literally scraping the bottom of the salad bowl. Thanks for such a great recipe!!!!!