Cranberry-Marmalade Holiday Muffins
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease 12 muffin cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice.
- Make a well in the center.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, marmalade, melted cooled butter and egg.
- Pour into well in the center of the dry ingredients. Mix with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in chopped nuts and cranberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins, filling cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake until tops are firm and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Cool muffins in pan on a rack for about 5 minutes; turn out of pan to cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Heavenly! easy to make as well. Smelt so good as it was baking Thanks for posting Making this recipe again but I dont have marmalade but I will find something else to use. I just received 2 bags of fresh cranberries and want to bake something great with them. When I picked this recipe I forgot I made it lol, wasnt till I read the reviews I saw I had made it before.