Cranberry Apple-Spinach Salad
- Ready In:
- 6 cups fresh spinach leaves (moderately packed)
- 1⁄4 cup light balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing (or Citrus Vinaigrette)
- 1 cup apple (matchstick-sized pieces)
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped (or toasted pecans)
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese (or blue cheese)
- Place the spinach leaves and salad dressing in a large bowl.
- and toss to mix well.
- Divide the mixture between 4 salad plates.
- Top the spinach on each plate with a quarter of the.
- apples, cranberries, nuts, and cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Join The Conversation
I needed a quick and easy, yet colorful and delicious salad for dinner party and found this one. Despite not normally trying out new recipes on guests, it seemed foolproof and it was. It is very tasty and makes a pretty presentation. I am going to make it for Christmas Eve dinner and know everyone will it enjoy it as much as I did. I followed recipe ingredients exactly as written and used the most delicious dressing, from Cindy's Kitchen (sold in NC at Fresh Market) Barcelona Vinaigrette-Mediterranean Style which is sugar and gluten free! This dressing is great on many different salads and it really set off the flavors in this one.
Excellent! The flavors complement each other beautifully. I really like the addition of the apple to the more traditional ingredients that are used. I used Kraft's Light Raspberry Vinaigrette. The only substitution I made was pecans for walnuts since I was out. I know I'd like the walnut version also.