California Apple Spinach Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- 1 cup granny smith apples or 1 cup gala apples, diced, cored (or some combination of both to total)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced, including tops
- 1 1⁄2 cups bibb lettuce, torn or 1 1/2 cups butter lettuce
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh spinach, torn
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup feta, crumbled or 1/4 cup blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dash pepper
- Combine all ingredients for dressing in bottle or jar. Shake well and refrigerate several hours to meld flavors.
- Just before serving, gently toss apples mushrooms and onions together in a large bowl.
- Add lettuce, spinach, bacon and dressing; blend well.
- Serve with cheese sprinkled on top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made a few changes to the salad: used all spinach, no mushrooms, 1/2 cup feta and added 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans. Had no green onions, so used about 1/4 cup sweet diced onion and marinated it in the salad dressing to make sure it would taste mild. Salad dressing changes: used 2-1/2 Tablespoons cider vinegar and 4 Tablespoons olive oil. All else the same but I added 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce and a little salt. I tossed the feta cheese along with the salad. I didn't use all the dressing. The salad was refreshing with interesting flavors. We all liked it. Thanks, Dancer.Reply
see 11 more