Crab Stuffed Fish
photo by JES8887
- Ready In:
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can crabmeat, drained & flaked
- 1⁄2 cup dry Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 fish fillets (about 2 pounds total)
- paprika, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F; coat a 9x13-inch baking dish w/ non stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet melt 4 T butter over medium-high heat. Add celery, onion & parsley. Sauté until tender. Remove from heat and stir in crabmeat, bread crumbs, lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
- Spoon crabmeat mixture evenly over the filets. Starting from the small end, roll up each fillet, jelly roll- style. Place the rolls seam side down in baking dish. Melt the remaining butter and drizzle over fillets. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
This was fantastic! We have fish every year for Christmas Eve and I was looking for a good recipe for crab-stuffed fish. So glad I came across this. I wouldn’t change anything - except the stuffing is so good that I might double it for the 6 fillets! Thank you for sharing this. It will be a new tradition.
see 7 more reviews
This was FABULOUS! I changed the servings to two (for one 3/4 lb. grouper fillet) and followed the recipe except for using a can of baby shrimp instead of crabmeat. Accidently, I didn't halve the amount of shrimp so there was a lot of shrimp filling (too much to fit in the fish to roll), so after I smooshed in as much as I could and rolled it up, I just filled it in around the fish and into the sides before baking. I didn't cut the fillet in two until after it was baked (easier to fill and roll). After it was finished baking (about 25 minutes), I just sliced it down the middle and it was easily placed on two plates. I will definitely make it again, maybe next time with crabmeat, a crab/shrimp combination, or another can of baby shrimp. This was simple but definitely gourmet tasting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a toddler teacher at a daycare. I love to cook & I plan a cooking activity with "my kids" every week. I learned to cook through my best friends mom & my grandma. I would consider cooking my passion. I never follow a recipie completly. I always add my own twists. I realized awhile ago I add so many twists that it is my recipie. I would have to say that this website is my favorite cookbook. I hope you enjoy my recipies as much as my family does.