- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salad oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 avocados, firm-ripe
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans or (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- 2⁄3 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 2⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb roma tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, juice of (optional)
- tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, mix vinegar, hot sauce, oil, garlic, and pepper.
- Peel, pit, and cut avocado into 1/2-inch cubes. Add to vinegar mixture and mix gently to coat.
- Add black eyed peas, beans, corn, onions, cilantro, and tomatoes to avocado; mix gently to coat. Squeeze lime juice over the mixture, if desired.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve the mixture with chips as an appetizer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an active lady, and I am not the top chef in the world, but I can hold my own. I love making things that remind me of when I was little, I love trying out new recipes, and I love learning new things to cook. Most of the recipes I post are recipes I loved that I found online, but that I have tweaked just a bit. I do have some family recipes on here too. I love to bake, probably more than anything else in the kitchen. I love to bike ride. I like to read, travel, kayak (I've only been twice, but I loved it), hike, camp, basically any outdoorsy/active stuff.?