photo by PalatablePastime
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon powdered saffron
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, diced
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Place the raisins in a small bowl; pour boiling water over raisins, and let stand 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Comine the chicken broth and saffron in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover, and remove from heat immediately. Let stand for 4 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Combine the couscous, raisins, celery, green onions, toasted pine nuts, and parsley in a large bowl; toss gently, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, salt, pepper, and cinnamon in a bowl; stir well. Gradually add olive oil, beating constantly with a wire whisk until blended. Pour dressing mixture over couscous mixture; toss gently. Cover and chill thoroughly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'm so glad that I chose to make this, it's a fab salad. Didn't have pine nuts so used sliced almonds. Other than that it was right down the line. The lemon, saffron and cinnamon all shine like the evening star in this with each being distinct yet complimentary to each other. Every bite is pure pleasure as you savor the great ingredients.
see 1 more reviews