Couscous Feta Salad
The combination of feta cheese, black olives, and ripe tomatoes gives this recipe a delicious Mediterranean cuisine flavor. adopted from Caring 4 Cancer Recipes time does not include chilling time
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup of fresh mint or 1 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1 bunch scallion, sliced (green onions)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- black olives, if desired (kalamata)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine couscous, ½ tablespoon olive oil, minced chili, cumin, coriander, and garlic and edamame in a bowl.
- Add two cups boiling water to mixture, cover, and let stand 5 minutes, until water is absorbed.
- While couscous mixture is absorbing water, combine halved tomatoes, mint or basil leaves, scallions, and lemon juice in a separate bowl.
- Combine cooled couscous mixture with tomato mixture, add remaining olive oil, and mix.
- Add feta cheese and gently mix to combine.
- Garnish with black olives, if desired.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Fantastic salad that feaures some of my very favourite flavours. I made half a batch, but used 1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice -- personal preference. Didn't have a green chilli, so subbed some red chilli flakes. Quick and easy-to-make, with a nice kick and pretty presentation. I'll make this again, perhaps as a great addition to a picnic or buffet table. Thanks for posting.1Reply
see 1 more