Country Fried Minute Steaks
I have no idea where I found this, but I love it. In keeping with most of my cooking, quick and easy are the key words with this recipe. I'm starting to venture into longer and more difficult recipes a bit more, so maybe later recipes will get more complicated.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 -8 frozen cube steaks
- 1⁄2 cup bottled Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- DO NOT DEFROST THE STEAKS, they must be frozen when cooked, otherwise they become a bit tough.
- Melt the shortening. Lower heat to medium or medium high.
- Dip FROZEN steaks in the Italian dressing, next into the crumbs until meat is completely covered.
- Pan fry meat in hot shortening over medium-high heat, long enough to brown both sides, no more than 2 minutes per side, and if the steak is very thin, that would be too long!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe is very tasty. I've made it twice now. I don't know if the product we get where I live is a bit different here. It's called fast fry steak and the first time I cooked it I found it to be somewhat tough. The second time I pounded it with a meat tenderizer before freezing it, then proceeded to prepare the recipe exactly as written. This was much better. We'll be having this again. Made for Every "DAY" Is A Holiday! Tag.Reply