Country Club Squash
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs yellow squash, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cook squash and onion in 1/2 c boiling water until tender; drain and mash. Combine squash with sour cream, salt, pepper, and basil. Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole.
- Combine breadcrumbs,cheese, butter, and paprika. Sprinkle over squash mixture. Top with bacon.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a preschool teacher in Florida, here since marrying my hubby in Sept of '04. I have a stepdaughter. No kiddos of our own unless you count those with fur :-) We have 2 cats and 2 dogs who think they are cats. We are inovoled with our church and with our local American Legion post, where I cook breakfast once a month for the community, so I am always looking for new and fun breakfast/brunch ideas.