Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Ready In:
8 acorn halves
- 4 small acorn squash
- 2 cored and diced apples
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut the acorn squash in halves and take out seeds.
- Place halves in a roasting pan.
- Place 1 tbsp of margarine and brown sugar in each half.
- Divide the apples among squash halves.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to bottm of pan and cover with foil.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until squash is tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this last night. Just one acorn squash divided between the two of us. I added some dried cranberries to the mixture and used 1/8 cup PURE dark marple syrup in each cavity, about 1/8 cup of chopped pecans to each one, divided a tablespoon of real butter between the two and sprinkled lightly with Fleur de Sel at the finish along with a touch of cinnamon. I did omit the apple and water. Baked for exactly 35 minutes to perfection. Great recipe. Thanks for the inspiration. I know I didn't follow the recipe to the letter but it was DELICIOUS nevertheless. I'll make this again!