Cornflake Meat Loaf
photo by BakinBaby
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (fresh ground)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- Mix; egg, milk worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper & celery seed together, add corn flakes, mix well.
- Add ground beef and pork, mix well.
- Pack mixture into a 9x5x3 loaf pan, cover with ketchup and bake at 350 for 1 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious!! I didn’t have any Worcestershire sauce on hand, but used A1 instead and it turned out great! I also only used ground beef, no pork & no pepper either as it bites my stomach. I don’t like onions, so I cut them out also. It was so moist & delicious! Hubby loved it as well!! It reminds me of the way my mom used to make it. Thank you. ????
This was a very welcome break from Christmas and Christmas leftovers last evening. Made by the recipe with no real adaptions except for skipping the ketchup topping (not a big ketchup fan here). The corn flake crumbs worked well along with the egg as a binder and the over all flavor was very good indeed. :D