Corn Pudding With Basil and Cheddar
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Exceptionally good corn pudding.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 cups corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 4 extra-large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese (plus more to sprinkle on top)
- preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease and 8 to 10 c baking dish. Melt the butter and add the corn and onions, and sauté for 4 minute let cool slightly.
- Mix together eggs, milk and the 1/2 and 1/2 in a large bowl. Slowly add in the cornmeal and then the ricotta. Add the basil, sugar salt and pepper. Then add the corn mixture, and finally the cheddar.
- Pour into your baking dish. Sprinkle more cheddar on top.
- Place the dish in a hot water bath and bake for 40 to 45 minute Serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION