Corn Fritters With Vermont Maple Syrup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Mmmm...can be served as a side dish, for breakfast, or even as a main vegetarian dish! Be sure to use good Vermont maple syrup! Adapted from Mountain Farmhouse, Ludlow, Vermont.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups fresh corn, scraped from the cob
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour (or less)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- vegetable oil
- vermont maple syrup
- Mix all of the ingredients except oil and maple syrup together.
- Amount of flour can vary. If the corn is very milky and wet, use more flour; batter should not be runny.
- Heat the oil in a cast iron skillet to cover 1/4".
- Add large spoonfuls of batter to the hot oil.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Flatten with a spatula after turning.
- Serve with real maple syrup.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION