Corn Dog Muffins
photo by Chef Jean
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 24 muffin cups generously with cooking spray, or use muffin liners.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, dry mustard, baking powder, and salt in a medium-size bowl. Add milk, egg, and oil. Mix until smooth.
- Cut hot dogs into 1-inch lengths. Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter into each prepared muffin cup. Place 3 hot dog pieces in each muffin cup.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
- Serve with mustard, ketchup and relish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yummy! The kids loved these, and I loved that were healthier than the ones calling for Jiffy cornbread mix (since hydrogenated lard is not something I'd feed my family:)). Used nitrate free hot dogs instead of fat free. I sprayed oil on the muffin cups and they stuck like a bear, so next time would butter generously. These could also be made in mini muffin tins for corn dog bites. For young children, I'd suggest dicing into smaller pieces to reduce choking hazard. Have seen versions with corn and/or cheese stirred in which woud also be nice variations. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
What a great idea! I never eat corn dogs and don't want to serve them to my son because they are just not good for you, but these can be a lot healthier. I used turkey dogs and fat free milk. I recommend not using baking cup liners and just spray the pan to get a crispy edge on the muffin, it gives the feeling of being fried.