Cooking Light's Crock Pot Italian Pot Roast
This is so easy and delicious! Is great with a salad and bread.
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 5mins
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless round roast
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) cans no-salt-added tomato sauce (or regular)
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- Slice roast in half for even cooking; place in crock pot.
- Add onion and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high setting 5 hours or until roast is tender.
- Or, cover and cook on high setting one hour; reduce to low setting, and cook 7 hours.
- Slice meat to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was very good. I added extra italian seasoning because we like our food well seasoned. Also added approx. 1/4 cup water...just in case. The gravy was awesome. I mixed in some wondra to thicken it a bit more. Served over egg noodles for dinner and lunch! Had a small bit left over and served it for breakfast with a fried egg on top. I'd make this again and it's a great recipe to experiment with. I think a can of rotel tomatoes would be a nice addition too. Thanks!
This was pretty good. The flavor was nice, and it was very easy, but the meat was a bit dry. (I'm beginning to think I just don't like bottom round roasts.) I did add a bag of baby carrots, and they were cooked perfectly and very nicely seasoned. I cooked for 1 hour on high and 7 on low. I served it with mashed potatoes, but the sauce/gravy would have been very nice on gnocchi. Thanks for posting.