Continental Apple Pie
photo by truebrit
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Grease an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Topping: In a small bowl rub cold butter into flour and stir in sugar.
- Sprinkle on water and mix until the mixture is lumpy.
- Set aside.
- Base: In another small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and then stir in flour.
- Spread on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Arrange apple slices on top of the base and then sprinkle crumble topping over the apple to cover completely.
- Cook at 350 F for about 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, then turn out onto serving dish.
- Decorate with the red apple slices, and serve with whipped cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!