"company's Coming" Rice
It just doesn't get much easier than this fool-proof rice sidedish. It won't look like much when it goes in the oven, but trust me, it comes out perfect every time. I've been making it for holiday dinners for years. It takes 5 minutes or less to throw together and can go in the oven with those other last minute dishes or prepare it ahead and reheat in the microwave at serving time if oven space is a problem. Note: The original recipe called for 1/2 cup butter but I found that to be excessive.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place rice, uncooked, in a baking dish.
- Pour in soups, add water chestnuts.
- Cut butter into chunks and drop onto soups.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until it is bubbling and top has browned.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
My husband and I did not care for this rice. We like everything that went into it, just didn't like how it tasted together I guess. We froze the leftovers (hate to be wasteful) and ended up using some in a casserole. It did freeze very well and the casserole was great, so I'm not sure why we didn't enjoy this, sorry!