MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is from the 1984 "The Commander's Palace New Orleans Cookbook". Commander's Palace is my favorite place to eat in New Orleans and this salad is their most popular side salad, according to the recipe.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups mixed salad greens (Commander's Palace uses a mixture of leaf lettuce,field greens, Bibb lettuce, romaine, endive, and w)
- 4 tablespoons crumbled crisp bacon
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup crouton
- 1 1⁄2 cups salad oil
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly cracked black peppercorns
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 hardboiled egg, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Tear greens into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens,bacon, cheese, and croutons.
- Put 1/2 cup oil and the remaining dressing ingredients in a blender.
- Cover and blend on low speed.
- Remove cover and gradually blend in remaining oil.
- To serve, pour 8 T. of dressing over salad and toss.
- Divide onto individual plates and garnish each serving with the hard boiled egg.
- Refrigerate any leftover salad dressing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION