Comforting Cauliflower Soup
From Australian Women's Weekly. Serve this with cheese and bacon toasts. Yummy! Soup can be made a few days ahead and frozen. Reheat in microwave. To make the soup even yummier, I would suggest that you fry 1 slice of bacon and chop it up. Then using the reserved bacon grease, saute the onions, garlic and chopped bacon as stated.
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 50 g onions, chopped coarsely (1 small onion)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 100 g potatoes, chopped finely (equiv to 1 medium potato)
- 300 g cauliflower, trimmed and chopped
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chives, coarsely chopped
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Cook onion and garlic, stirring, until soft.
- Add potato, cauliflower, stock and water.
- Bring mixture to boil.
- Let simmer, covered, for about 10mins, until vegetables are very soft.
- Using a hand-held blender (or you may transfer the mixture to the blender container), process the mixture until smooth.
- Stir soup gently over low heat for a minute or two.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh chives or parsley before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Tasted terrific! It was very thick and almost like eating mashed potatoes. I liked it thick and ate it with my yummy hummus and bread. Still, I think I'll try making it with an extra cup of broth next time to see how it tastes a little more soupy. I used McKays vegetarian chicken seasoning and water for my broth. Made for Low in and Free of Foods Tag. This is free of egg, dairy, cholesterol, low cal, low fat, etc. So it's good for you and tasty! Thanks! I will have this again!