MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These rich, creamy bars are a snap to make. Follow the related technique for making bar cookies with a crust to cut them into neat triangles.
- Ready In:
FOR THE CRUST
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter or 3/4 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half or 2 tablespoons light cream
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- FOR CRUST:.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, powdered sugar, and salt. Cut in butter till crumbly. Press mixture evenly into bottom of 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake in a preheat 350F oven for 10 minutes.
- FOR FILLING:.
- In another mixing bowl, beat eggs slightly. Stir in the brown sugar, pecans, honey and melted butter. Stir together the half and half , coffee crystals, and vanilla till coffee crystals dissolve, Stir into pecan mixture. Spread evenly over hot crust.
- Bake in 350F oven for 20 minutes more, or till set. Cool in pan on a rack. Cut in squares, then halve the squares, diagonally to make the triangles.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION