Coffee Ice Cream Pie (Oreo Crust)
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 40mins
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 pints coffee ice cream, softened
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- Crush Oreos in a food processor to a fine crumb consistency. Add melted butter and mix well. Press mixture into bottom of a 10-inch pie pan; freeze.
- Melt chocolate, sugar, butter and milk in the top of a double boiler. Cook over boiling water until sauce thickens slightly, stirring continuously; cool.
- Spread softened ice cream carefully onto crust. Return to freezer. Whip cream with liqueur until stiff, but not dry. Pour cooled chocolate sauce evenly over ice cream, then spread whipped cream topping over chocolate sauce. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 4 hours or overnight. Remove pie from freezer 20 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!