photo by dangerousmezzo
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup shortening (margarine or butter)
- 2 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups coconut
- 4 cups corn flakes, crushed from 8 cups
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the shortening and brown sugar (I often cut the sugar down by 20% or so). Add salt, vanilla and the beaten eggs.
- Crush the cornflakes. I always do this by measuring out twice as much uncrushed Corn Flakes and crushing them down to the correct amount. For this large recipe, I have two big four cup measures full of uncrushed Corn Flakes, and then crush them by hand down to two cups each.
- (You can make this recipe gluten free by using gluten free corn flakes -- they take a little more force to crush but make the cookies even crunchier and cut down on the sugar).
- Add cornflakes, coconut and nuts to the egg and shortening mixture and mix well.
- Measure by tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets, either well-greased or, better yet, covered with baking parchment.
- Cook until golden brown, about 10 to 14 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Let the cookies cool on the pan until they firm up.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!