Sand Castle Brownie Mix
This is a great mix to give as gifts for the Holidays. Ingredients are layered in a quart-size canning jar which can be decorated.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a 1 Qt glass canning jar, layer the first seven ingredients in the order listed, packing well between each layer.
- Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to six months.
- TO BAKE BROWNIES: In a bowl, combine eggs, oil, vanilla, and brownie mix; mix well.
- Spread into a greased 8 inch square pan.
- Bake@ 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Great concept! Couldn't be any easier. A lot of these will be handed out at Christmas! Thnx for posting, papergoddess. Made for Comfort Cafe Summer 2009. I hope you don't mind that I took a little different tack with the photo. Since this was the Beach Bash, the name of the recipe led to the sand castle theme!Reply
I have been wanting to make a mix like this for a long time. This was great. I did add the coconut because I thought it would look good in the jar. It was a little hard to mix up all the dry ingredients with the wet ones but It turned out great!!! They are wonderfully moist, fudgey, and crisp on the surface. Made for the Summer Comfort Cafe.Reply
see 6 more