Classic Rhubarb Pie
photo by Park Rangerette
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut rhubarb stalks into bit-size pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, butter and eggs; mix well.
- Add rhubarb and stir well.
- Turn into a prepared pie crust and top with the second crust; seal and cut slits to vent steam.
- Optional: Brush the top crust with another beaten egg (may be thinned with water) and then sprinkle regular sugar generously over the top.
- Put in 450 degree oven for 10 minutes, then turn down to 350 degrees.
- Bake 30 minutes. I generally need to add another 15-20 minutes to the baking time; the crust will be a deep golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm 47 years old and love to cook. My guys aren't real adventurous eaters, but my daughter is! She & her husband send me great recipes and it's fun to try them after I know they've been tested.