Cinnamon Sugared Almonds
photo by Debbwl
- Ready In:
- In a large, heavy bottomed, skillet place the sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add the almonds and cook, stirring constantly, until almost all the water has evaporated; about 5 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon and salt and cook until the sugar has dried on the almonds; about 2 minutes.
- Pour onto a large sheet pan and let cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were great, not too heavily coated like some other candied nuts. I made these with left over pecans from the holidays and they tasted great. I cut the cinnamon back to 1 1/2 tablespoons and they were delicious. The nuts were not as crunchy as I would like, next time I will wait a little longer before I add them. Thanks for sharing.
Wow these are so easy and tasty!! Was shocked at how well this worked and how quick it was compared to other sugared nut recipes I have made. The only change I made was to use raw almonds instead of blanched almonds. Made half recipe but they went so quick will have to make more again today, good thing it was quick and easy (wink). Thanks for the post.
I made this for a treat for Christmas. I did used mixed nuts instead of just almonds. It was great. I did notice one thing, that the sugared coating didn't stick to the peanuts as well as the other nuts. I don't know if this mattered but the peanuts were the only thing that didn't have a "skin" on them, so maybe the sugar coating could adheare to anything. They were arguing over who got to take the leftovers home. Thank you for sharing your recipe.