Sugar and Spice Nuts (German Almonds)
- Ready In:
- Heat oven to 275f.
- In a large bowl, place nuts; set aside.
- In small bowl, beat egg white and juice until frothy.
- Add sugar, orange rind, spices and salt, mix well.
- Pour over nuts, stirring to coat well.
- On greased cookie sheet, spread nuts so they do not touch.
- Bake, stirring every 15 minutes until light brown and crisp, 45-55 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in airtight container in cool place for up to one month.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I didn't have any almonds on hand and the store was already closed for Christmas so I used a mixture of pecans, walnuts, and peanuts. This turned out wonderful and each of the different nuts tasted great. I preferred the pecans myself. I'll try this again in the future. I might try adding cayenne pepper in addition to the other spices for a little hidden kick. Thanks for posting this recipe!