Chorizo Al Vino (Chorizo in Red Wine)
Tapas recipe from Ryland Peter's Tapas: Delicious little dishes from Spain.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs uncooked chorizo sausage (may sub kielbasa)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup red wine
- 4 sprigs thyme
- ground black pepper
- torn bread, for dipping
- Heat half the olive oil in a large, nonstick skillet until very hot.
- Cut the chorizo inot 1/2 inch rounds.
- Add half the chorizo and fry on both sides for 1 minute each. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep hot.
- Add the remaining oil and remaining chorizo and cook as stated above.
- Add the wine and thyme to the pan and swirl to dissolve the sediment. NOTE: if using kielbasa, add 2 t of paprika to the pan as well. Cook gently to thicken and reduce the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the hot chorizo, sprinkle with pepper and serve with chunks of torn bread for dipping.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 3 more