photo by kacedilla
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetend cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- icing sugar
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugars, cocoa, baking powder, and salt, breaking up any lumps.
- Stir in butter until mixture is combined and crumbly.
- Add egg whites and vanilla, stir by hand until dough comes together.
- Place a few tablespoons of icing sugar in shallow dish.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, then roll in icing sugar to coat.
- Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very nice cookies. Easy to make and fast disappearing. I got 39 cookies out of the batter, they baked in 14 minutes. They were crispy on the edges and fudgy in the middle. Since the batter was a bit too "wet" to roll the cookies by hand I used large teaspoons to scoop the cookies. Omitted rolling them in powdered sugar (forgot to buy) but that (I think) did not take anything away from the taste. Thanks for posting.
see 9 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a proud mother of my twins Darius and Constance; also a grade school teacher. You can understand my need for easy, healthy, fast, and fun recipes! I love to cook with my hubby, who runs an Italian restaurant. But in my kitchen, even he doesn't get to boss me around :)