Chipotle Chicken Tostadas
Recipe by Julie Gutierrez, as published in February 2011 issue of All You magazine.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 corn tortillas (6-inch size)
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from a can chipotle peppers)
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- cheddar cheese, to taste (optional)
- sour cream, to taste (optional)
- Place chicken in a single layer in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer until cooked, about 7 minutes. Drain, transfer chicken onto a bowl or plate, let cool and shred.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat 1 cup oil until it reaches 360 degrees Fahrenheit (use a candy thermometer). Fry 1 tortilla for about 1 minute or until crisp, flipping the tortilla halfway through. Remove tortilla onto a plate. Let oil return to 360 degrees and repeat.
- Warm the remaining 1 tablespoons oil in a separate skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper, salt and pepper, and cook 7 minutes. Stir in adobo sauce and chicken, and saute for 2 minutes. Top the tortillas with the chicken mixture, lettuce and tomato, cheddar cheese and sour cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation