Chocolaton (Cuban Chocolate Mousse)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 17mins
- Melt the butter and chocolate chips together. This can be done on top of the stove in a double boiler, or in a microwave oven for about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir the melted chocolate and melted butter together until smooth.
- Whip the egg whites into a fluffy meringue.
- When the meringue starts to peak, add the sugar, bit by bit.
- Fold in the egg yolks.
- Add the (warm) chocolate mixture and the vanilla to the meringue.
- Gently blend together until it is completely mixed.
- Pour into a serving bowl or individual cups.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Decorate with chocolate chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!