Chocolate Wafer Ice Box Cake With Fresh Strawberries
photo by Ambervim
- Ready In:
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 ounce) package chocolate wafer cookies (or, make your own!)
- 2 pints strawberries, 3/4 of them sliced (the rest for on top)
- unsweetened cocoa (or chocolate shavings)
- In a large bowl, beat cream, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.
- On a flat serving plate, arrange 7 cookies side by side in a circle, keeping 1 cookie in the center.
- Spread with 1/2 cup whipped cream, making a 7-inch circle. Leave the tips of the cookies showing.
- Spread layer of strawberries.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients, making 5 layers of cookies and 5 layers of strawberries and ending with a layer of cream.
- Crumble any leftover cookies.
- Top with whole strawberries and cookie crumbles.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, dust top lightly with cocoa powder or chocolate shavings.
- Time does not include overnight refrigeration. The refrigeration is important so the cookies go soft and cut easily.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
As I am in South Florida, I have many edible fruits and perennial veggies in my yard. So, I like to cook with them.