Linda's Ice Cream Sandwiches
Here's a great way to make your own ice cream sandwiches!!! If you can't find the Nabisco Chocolate Wafer Cookies in your store (check near the ice cream toppings, as it seems they are sometimes in an odd place in the store), you can use my recipe for Recipe #329292, to make these yummy treats! The kids and "Big Kids" will be smiling ear to ear while having one of these! Try rolling the finished sandwiches in mini chocolate chips, sprinkles, crushed nuts, M&M's, or your favorite candy bar, then freezing. You can also use these in making an Ice Cream Sandwich Cake for a special treat or Birthday! NOTE: Preparation time does NOT include time to soften the ice cream. Add on at least 1/2 hr. for that to your preparation time. Cooking time is chilling time. Make sure once you make these you let them sit in the freezer for AT LEAST 2 hours before serving, so the ice cream has a chance to harden.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 36 chocolate wafer cookies (Nabisco Chocolate Wafer Cookies (or see my recipe for Chocolate Wafer Cookies (Like Nabisco Chocolat)
- 1⁄2 gallon ice cream, softened (your favorite)
- Soften the ice cream until it is easily spreadable.
- Top one half of cookie with some ice cream (at least 1" thick), then put another cookie on top. (Press down easy, so you don't crack the cookies).
- Continue making the sandwiches until you are done.
- If you are decorating the sides with your favorite nuts, candies or candy bars, do so now by rolling the sandwich, in the treat of your choice, all the way around.
- Wrap each ice cream sandwich in saran wrap, and freeze for at least 2 hours before serving.