Banana Bread Ice Cream Sandwiches
photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
8 ice cream sandwiches
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar, plus 1/4 cup
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 bananas, smashed into a thick paste
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1⁄3 cup caramel sauce
- 2 cups white chocolate
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 ounces unicorn candy sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray, line with parchment paper and spray parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, granulated sugar and light brown sugar on medium speed until well blended. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then beat in the bananas. Reduce the speed to low and add the flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Stir in the vanilla extract and chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to the prepared baking dish and spread to make smooth and even. Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar over the top, then bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Use a serrated knife and carefully slice the banana cake in half horizontally. Remove the top half and set aside. Spread the ice cream in a smooth layer over the cake, then top with the caramel sauce. Place the top back on the bread and run a knife flat along the edge to make smooth.
- Insert 8 popsicle sticks into the ice cream, 4 evenly spaced on opposite sides. Cover with plastic and freeze until set, at least 6 hours and up to overnight.
- In a medium bowl, combine the white chocolate chips and oil. Melt in the microwave or over a double boiler. Let cool to room temperature.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Remove the cake from the freezer and cut into 8 equal sandwiches. Holding the popsicle sticks, dip the edge of the sandwich on a diagonal into the chocolate, coating from the top corner all the way to the bottom corner. Top the chocolate with sprinkles. Place on a wax lined baking sheet and return to freezer until ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!