Chocolate Orange Ricotta Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup fresh ricotta
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 oranges (for zest and juice)
- 3 ounces chocolate, chopped
- Whisk egg and sugar until light yellow in a bowl.
- Mix in ricotta.
- Grate the zest of the oranges into the bowl and then squeeze them for juice. Add the juice to the melted butter and mix into bowl.
- Sift flour and baking powder into the bowl and stir.
- Add the chopped chocolate.
- Pour the the whole into a greased 5x9 loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes.
- Let cool, slice and eat!
Coming from someone who usually does not like to combine chocolate with orange, this bread was delicious! I had some ricotta left over from a previous recipe and a bumper crop of oranges from my neighbor's tree and decided to try this recipe. I plan to share some of this bread with my neighbor and pass the recipe along to her as well. Thanks for posting this recipe.
This was an excellent recipe! I love the use of orange and chocolate together, plus the ricotta. Very moist and full of flavor. Instead of making it in a loaf pan I made them into muffins. I baked them for 20 minutes or until the toothpick came out clean. I also added 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1/3 cup chopped walnuts. Thanks for a great recipe! I will be making this all the time!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a mother of a 2-yr old and wife of an ironman triathlete. We've been trying to eat healthier, as well as finding things my son will eat, and my recipes are a result of this. I come from a family of foodies, so finding recipes that are fairly simple and quick AND tasty has been our challenge.