Chocolate Oatmeal Snack Cake
- Ready In:
- In a medium bowl, place the oats and the margarine.
- Pour the boiling water over the oats & margarine and allow to sit for 20 minutes.
- Add the eggs to the oatmeal mixture and blend together.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and add to the wet mixture; stir well.
- Pour into a greased 9x9 cake pan and bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool completely and frost.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm the mother of triplet daughters and now 4 grandchildren; 2 step-grandchildren. I'm a critical care nurse by background, as well as hospice nursing. I love to cook and bake. My husband is a wonderful taste tester for me and never, ever complains about my many experiments and new dishes. Love that man. We have 4 cats: a neurotic gray calico named Cupcake, a kitten named RubyMae, a Maine coon named Arwen, a short-haired dilute torti Gigi,. One dog...a shepherd/sheltie, Greta. I been her since RecipeZaar days (miss that place). I'm from Pittsburgh, PA.