Chocolate Butterscotch Pie
photo by marilyn1998
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups coconut macaroons, crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can chocolate syrup
- 3 egg yolks, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, additional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- sweetened whipped cream
- Combine crumbs, walnuts, and butter.
- Press into a pie pan and bake 8- 10 minutes at 350°F.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt in a saucepan.
- Add milk, syrup and yolk.
- Cook, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 2 tbsp butter and the vanilla.
- Pour into pie shell and cover with plastic wrap directly on filling.
- Cool and serve with whipped cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!