Chocolate-Banana Bundt Cake
photo by Chef OG
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup natural cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely mashed ripe bananas or 3 medium bananas
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350°F Coat Bundt pan with baking spray. Combine butter, cocoa powder, espresso powder, and water in medium saucepan and bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring, until mixture is homogenous, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in large bowl, then, mix in cocoa mixture. Whisk in bananas and sour cream, then eggs and vanilla. Stir in walnuts.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake until tester inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer cake to cooling rack and cool 10 minutes, then invert directly onto rack and cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is one of the best cakes I've ever made. I made the usual substitutions based on what I had on hand - used strong French press coffee, some white wheat flour & some cake flour, 1/3 cup of carrots for some of the banana, drizzled with a powdered sugar, coffee syrup, milk glaze. It's like a mocha, banana devil foods bundt cake. Delicious!