Choc Oat Chip Cookies
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. In a large mixing bowl, beat brown sugar, butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour mix, stir in oats, morsels and nuts; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes for a chewy cookie or 12 to 13 minutes for a crispy cookie.
- Cool on baking sheet for 1 minute, remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Note: for the nuts, I use pecans because that is what we like and I add a dash or two of cinnamon plus from Pampered Chef -- (people are always asking me what else did I put in it but I never tell -- ).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I found this recipe on the Quaker Oats site and was ready to post it here, but the only difference between that recipe and yours is that mine has an extra 1/4 cup of brown sugar. When I make these, I make the chewy version (9 minutes max in my oven), and I use whole wheat flour instead of all purpose. I get 5 dozen cookies from the recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I just got married on 07/07/07!! I have lived in Fort Worth, Texas for about 7 years. I have lived in Austin, Corpus Christi and I'm originally from San Angelo, Texas. I love to cook for my family, friends and church. I love trying new recipes. I hope you enjoy the ones that I have posted. If not, please give me your input as to how to improve or any ideas that you might have.