Chipotle and Buttermilk Fried Chicken Fingers
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenderloins, trimmed of tendons
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 3⁄4 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon ground dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- In a large, heavy pot, heat oil to 350 degrees.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together buttermilk and hot sauce.
- In a separate shallow dish, combine self-rising flour, chipotle chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Dip chicken in buttermilk mixture allowing excess to drip off and then dredge in flour mixture.
- Drop 4-5 pieces of chicken into the pan at a time. Cook until a light golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. Drain on paper towel and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We really enjoyed these chicken fingers...they were easy to whip up and came out very tender...crispy on the outside and moist on the inside...we had two different dips...blue cheese and honey mustard...I was surprised I had everything on hand with the exception of the buttermilk so I added some vinegar into my milk to sour it up...I did cut the recipe in half and we each got four fingers...there still was plenty of dredge and liquid mixture to make at least four more...thanks for posting this yummy recipe...:)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!