Chili's Black Bean Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is in response to Debbie Thorn's request for a black bean soup in the recipes requested forum. The recipe was originally published in the VJJE recipe weekly archives in 2001.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 quarts canned black beans, not drained (3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 8 ounces smoked sausage, small dice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a medium stock pot, place the olive oil, onion, carrot and bell pepper and saute the vegetables till they are tender.
- Bring 1 cup of water to boil, add the bouillon cubes, and allow to dissolve.
- Add the bouillon, cooked beans, and remaining ingredients (except cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water) to sauteed vegetables.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and cook approximately 15 minutes.
- In a blender, puree 1 quart of the soup, and put back into the pot.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water.
- Add the cornstarch mix to the soup and bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Serve with cornbread, white rice, or your favorite side dish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION