Chile Rellenos En Casserole
photo by GREG IN SAN DIEGO
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole green chilies (I prefer Ortega)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce or (15 ounce) can prepared red enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 lb grated yellow cheese
- 1⁄2 lb grated monterey jack cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Mix cheese and chilies in a greased oblong casserole dish.
- Separate eggs and beat whites until stiff.
- Mix flour, yolks and milk together.
- Fold whites into yolk mixture.
- Pour over chilies and cheese in casserole.
- Dribble tomato or enchilada sauce on top.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a recently retired San Diego trial attorney and wanna-be professional chef-restauranteur. Why am I so passionate about cooking? I don't know. What I do know is that those who don't cook are missing out on one of life's truly enjoyable experiences! I have a collection of whimsical signs posted above my workbench at home, one of which states: Love people. Cook them tasty food. How true.</p> 8727975"