Chicken With Capers and Italian Olives
Very common in Southern Italy, spicy but not in terms of heat, just a great flavor with the capers and olives.
- Ready In:
- 6 chicken thighs, skin on
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup Italian olives, pitted
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream or 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Heat a non-stick frying pan and add oil. Brown both sides and remove. Transfer to a 4-6 quart pot. Add the remaining ingredients, Except Cream. Bring to a simmer. Cook covered for 40 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a warm platter. Add the cream to the pot simmer for 2-3 minutes to reduce and thicken. Salt and pepper to taste, pour sauce over chicken. Serve, garnish with Parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was really, really good. I was concerned about cooking olives so long because they are usually added at the end, but this was really, really good. I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but will use chicken thighs next time because they are more flavorful. I used a medley of olives. This is a definite "keeper". Made for PAC Spring 2009.