photo by mums the word
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup potato, cubed
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Combine potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, chicken broth and cream of chicken soup and seasonings in a dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are semi-tender.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet and brown chicken until no longer pink. Add to vegetable mixture along with frozen peas.
- Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender. Serve over warm biscuits.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a simple, but very delicious comfort food dish to make. I added a 1 1/2 tbsp of dried Thyme when veggies were added. Also, I didn't use biscuits on the bottom, but had some fresh crusty buttered bread to dip into it. If you want to have some leftovers, I suggest adding 50% more of veggies, chicken, and chicken broth. I made dinner just for three people. But even in doing that, there was barely any left to bring to work the next day. My family loved it!