Pollo Guisado ( Chicken Stew )
This is a yummy version of chicken stew that I got from my Puerto Rican inlaws. Very tasty and inexpensive to make. I have never measured the ingredients so I guessed on them. Serve over white rice with some corn niblets and you have a very filling, delicious meal. Can easily be doubled.
- Ready In:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sofrito sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon adobo seasoning (or more)
- 1 -2 teaspoon sazon goya con culantro y achiote
- hot cooked white rice, made with a bit of
- oil, and
- Heat a large saucepan and add the oil.
- Add chicken and brown on all sides (won't be cooked at this point.).
- Add tomato sauce, water, veggies and spices.
- Simmer 15-20 minutes until veggies are tender and chicken is done.
- Serve over the white rice. I serve corn with it.