Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken Stew
photo by Anonymous
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 5mins
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, Drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, Drained and rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies or (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth, less if you want a thinner soup consistency
- Combine all ingredients except chicken and broth (if using) in slow cooker.
- Lay chicken on top and cover.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
- Before serving remove and shred chicken. Chicken broth can be added at this point if a thinner consistency is desired.
- Cook 30 minutes longer on low.
- Can be served with rice, cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I omitted the kidney beans, used canned corn, and used two cans of tomatoes and a small can of chopped green chilies. It was WONDERFUL! I didn't need the broth and ... err... my crock-pot bubbled over a bit as it was. :) Ooops. It was totally worth the clean-up, though - VERY tasty! I"ll make this again for sure!